Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Sweet

I had dinner with Mr. #1 tonight. (My many loyal readers will remember that I met this guy for coffee on Saturday and found him smart and nice.)  I mentioned my love for Pete's Chocolate, a local truffle maker, and Mr. #1 said that he couldn't find Pete but brought me some other chocolate instead:


Very sweet and thoughtful, no?  He is a good-hearted and well-mannered guy. Also good at asking questions; I got to talk all about Cape Verde, one of my favorite topics, thanks to his queries.

Four things I learned tonight:
1. The ultimate Mr. Awesome will be someone who makes me laugh, who has a "glass half full" kind of outlook, and who is enthusiastic about life.
2. I am a huge wimp.  Instead of telling Mr. #1 that he was great but we didn't really have a love connection, I thanked him for dinner and bolted, with Big Plans to send him a "thanks but no thanks" email later.  No more of this.
3. My dream of combining love and mobility is definitely possible.
4. I need a camera. I took this picture with my phone and I don't think that you can even see that it says "hazelnut and currant dark chocolate--" and if you could see that, you would be even more impressed with Mr. #1's unique taste in gifts.

3 comments:

  1. What was wrong with him? Just curious.
    Also, I don't think it's necessarily wrong or wimpy to bolt and tell him later. Might be better, less awkward, less embarrassing from his perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great question, Golden Papaya. If you're going to lay it all out here in public we want deets! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing "wrong!" (And even if there was, here is not the place to share it...we're going all positive all the time, remember?) Just...no chemistry. No sparkage. No zazazoom (I think I stole that from Carrie Bradshaw.) I emailed him basically this, and he responded "Thanks for your kind words. It sounds like we're on the same page." Onward!

      Delete