Monday, January 9, 2012

lessons learned over cactus and sangria

Date #2 last night: Mexican dinner. Great lighting and service, good food and sangria.  I ordered cactus and had the leftovers for lunch today:


I was really looking forward to spending time with Mr. #2, who I had gotten to know a little before the holidays. He is smart, well-read, considerate and grown-up (ie, not trying to live like he's still 24).  I really liked his openness and honesty about past relationships and his dreams.

I was thankful for the opportunity this date afforded me to learn a few things about myself and what I want in my ideal relationship.  First, I realized that I have been living in a grad school bubble, blissfully unaware of pop culture and current events.  I need to get with it a little more.  Second, my ideal relationship will be with someone who is not only smart, open and honest but also enthusiastic, confident, and adventurous.

And the search continues!

1 comment: