Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Plenty of fish



Mr. #17 (also known and Mr. #14, 15, and 16) took this picture during our romp around Belle Isle on Saturday afternoon.  We had a good time exploring the island, playing with my dog, and chatting. I learned a few lessons for which I'm grateful...

Lesson #1: Someone can be awesome, smart, funny, and kind, but if there's no spark, there's just not. And I want not just a spark, but a whole freakin' fireworks show.

Lesson #2: Four dates is too many with someone I don't have chemistry with.  A wise friend reminded me the other day that "If you're not sure whether or not you have chemistry, then you don't." True that.  Three dates is enough.

Lesson #3: Potentially awkward conversations about having no chemistry are best conducted in person.  Having them over email leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

I'm gonna go gargle now.  Onward.

No comments:

Post a Comment