Sunday, February 19, 2012

Time Flies



Mr. #14 was an Internet date who seemed very formal and almost dry in his emails.   At a pre-date lunch with a friend, I was grumbling a little about the exhaustion of keeping up this pace, and got a sweet reminder that dating with that attitude was going to be no fun at all.

I managed to turn it around as soon as I saw Mr. #14.  He has an engaging smile and is funny and interesting, as well as smart, adventurous, and a good conversationalist. We met at Joe Louis' fist (romantic, no?) and went for a looooooong walk along the river and up Dequindre Cut.  So long, in fact that my mouth kind of froze and I was barely able to talk by the time we emerged in Greektown, and I realized it had been almost two hours.

For those of my loyal readers not experienced in the world of first dates, let me explain that two hours is an eternity.  An hour is usually my max, and 45 minutes is preferable.  The fact that this guy kept me amused, laughing, thinking and talking, with no alcohol involved, for 2 hours, speaks volumes.  Stay tuned for his second appearance, readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment