Sunday, July 29, 2012

Some Thoughts on Introverts and Extroverts

Hi Readers,
I decided to keep going for awhile, and went out with Mr. #33 last night. We've met this guy before here; he is smart, funny, quirky and interesting.  We had fun seeing some outdoor music, having a great dinner (melon soup for me!) and, eventually, getting caught in the rain (no, no pina coladas).

And not only was it fun, I learned an important lesson.

As an extrovert who comes from a family of introverts, I've always known that some people are totally comfortable with (and, in fact, PREFER) loooooooooooong silences.  I've also known that I am not one of these people. My threshold for the length of a comfortable silence is much shorter than that of many people, some of whom share my last name. :)

Mr. #33 would fit right in in a conversation with my dad, my brother, and other introverts I know and love.  And while I love them, I don't think the eventual Mr. Amazing is going to be such a strong introvert.

Onward...

No comments:

Post a Comment